Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Those of you who lived in Ventura in the late 90's and early 2000's remember this guy from Skate Street. He was the one that taught your little brother, your son, or your daughter how to skateboard. Heck, I even attended the girl's camp and learned a thing or two. I was 19 years old. Among the young kids I learned how to drop in, and all it cost me was a skinned knee.

He's a great artist, an awesome skateboarder, and an overall stand-up guy. Gavin was dignosed with
Lyme disease some years back and today, he's confined to a wheelchair. His family and friends have done everything they can and more, but he still needs a lot of help. So they got together and decided to do something amazing: Throw him a benefit concert and art auction.

Since I can't play an instrument, I'll be contibuting some artwork:




They're still looking for more submissions so if any of you artists out there are interested in contributing, contact Mr. Brook Dalton: terzoli86@gmail.com

See you there!

3 comments:

Can you send me a copy of that stencil, or a very large version of that to put on my wall? I will contribute to gavin on the website, dont even need to fly to ventura! Yay internet fundraising!

March 4, 2010 at 12:51 AM  

Mickey, you are a lovely lady with a big heart! Thanks again for all you do. This is so great. You're awesome!
Love,
Kristin & Gavin

March 4, 2010 at 11:07 AM  

Thanks Tresa! I can definitely do prints.

Kristin & Gavin:
Check out Dale's blog as well: http://daledreiling.blogspot.com/. He's contributing work from his Bill Murray series!

March 4, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home